A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either persistent cookies or session cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
– To recognise your computer when you visit our website
– To track you as you navigate our website
– To improve the website’s usability
– To analyse the use of our website
– To prevent fraud and improve the security of the website
– To personalise our website for you including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to you
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third-party cookies. Our advertisers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
– To track your browser across multiple websites
– To build a profile of your web surfing
– To target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. Doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us.