040Hosting, is a web host based in Europe and provides a variety of high performance hosting packages at affordable prices to individuals and businesses worldwide. 040 Hosting has been in the web hosting business for over 5 years. Prior to this, they were working in internet technologies for over 15 years. They offer flexible, customizable hosting services from shared hosting to dedicated servers. In addition to this 040Hosting has recently started offering optimized hosting for WordPress and Joomla. They have the unique advantage of having their headquarters in the south-eastern Brainport® region of the Netherlands, which is a hub of high technology and innovation.
Worldwide Data Centers
040Hosting has data centers all over the world, with shared hosting services being offered in the following 6 European destinations: Haarlem (NL), Amsterdam (NL), Rotterdam (NL), Kent (UK), Düsseldorf (DE) and Strasbourg (FR) with the added benefit of having several servers at each location. Existing customers can request hosting in Singapore, however, this service is not open to new customers.
Flexible Hosting Packages
040Hosting allows you to change your 040hosting plan, whether you want to downgrade or upgrade, you can do this at any time. Also, you can cancel your service at any time. 040hosting offers a guaranteed full refund for 30 days on their shared hosting packages. They also offer a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
From time to time your website needs will not fit into a specific package and 040hosting understand this. They provide completely customizable services, even on shared hosting to fit your unique bandwidth and disk space requirements.
Customers of 040Hosting can feel safe in the knowledge that their servers and websites are protected by Imunify360. Imunify360 is a complete, hands-off, AI-powered security solution to protect against all of the latest server attacks. It prevents attacks before they even happen and doesn’t interfere with the performance of your servers.
Imunify360 is a feature-rich security solution that provides sophisticated detection of security threats. It also includes additional features such Reputation Management and an advanced Captcha system for vetting website visitors.
040 Hosting: Customer Support
There is a dedicated “Support Portal” that allows you to quickly get your query answered. You can easily find the support that you require, whether you would like to submit a ticket, check your network status, make a payment or search their extensive knowledge database, you are sure to get what you need quickly and easily.
On reading their reviews and feedback, the customers have only great things to say about the service that they receive from 040Hosting. Some say that they are helped out with their issues in a timely fashion, even on a Sunday and others praise them for the technical support and uptime. One service user said that the “support and service exceeded my expectations”.
The main topic that is discussed on their blog is the expansion of their data centers into new territories.
040 Hosting: Packages and Benefits
One service offered by 040Hosting that does not come up very often is “Elastic Hosting”. This service is offered as a step between shared hosting and dedicated hosting. For when your site outgrows shared hosting and needs something a little bit more powerful. 0040Hosting say that their elastic hosting has “massive amounts of memory and blazingly fast SSD”. All Elastic hosting is offered with cPanel, Imunify360 and JetBackUp.
- Pink Plan – SDSSD Pink Plan 2017 with 1 core, 35 GB SSD Disk Space, 2GB Memory and 500GB Bandwidth.
- Red Plan – SDSSD Red Plan 2016 with 2 cores, 65 GB SSD Disk Space, 4GB Memory and 1TB Bandwidth.
- Green Plan – SDSSD Green Plan 2016 – with 4 cores, 100 GB SSD Disk Space, 8GB memory a fair use; Unmetered Bandwidth
- Gold Plan – SDSSD Gold Plan 2016 – with up to 6 cores, 200 GB SSD Disk Space, 16GB memory a fair use; Unmetered Bandwidth
Standard shared hosting on 040Hosting is their most economical option. 040Hosting shared hosting is available in Singapore as well as in Sydney currently. All of the shared hosting packages come with unlimited email accounts, multiple websites, JetBackup, cPanel, Free DV SSL included and Immunify360. Below is a brief overview of the shared hosting packages offered.
- Bronze Plan – 2017 with 1 GB Disk Space and 10GB Bandwidth.
- Red Plan – 2016 with 2.5 GB Disk Space and 50GB Bandwidth.
- Blue Plan – 2016 – with 15 GB Disk Space, 100 GB Bandwidth
- Green Plan – 2016 – 20 GB Disk Space, Unmetered Bandwidth (fair use)
040Hosting say that there is almost no configuration that they cannot offer and invite you to request a service if it is not listed. The four main dedicated server types are:
Unmanaged Budget Servers – Budget Line – Core Line
All with AMD Opteron™ Octa-Core, Free Control Panel, 100Mbit Unmetered connection. Based in either Strasbourg (Europe) or St.Louis (USA).
- Budget Server – 16 GB DDR3 ECC, 2 x 2.000 GB SATA II HDD, 7.2k
- Budget Servers – 32 GB DDR3 ECC, 2 x 2.000 GB SATA II HDD, 7.2k
- Budget Servers – 32 GB DDR3 ECC, 2 x 250 GB SSD
Managed Budget Servers – Managed Budget Line – Managed Core Line
Fully managed servers with KernelCare (automated kernel updates) and cPanel/WHM License. Come in 2 packages as shown below:
- BB-M 2017-1 Budget Managed Server – AMD® 8x 2.4GHz
- BL-M 2017-1 Budget Managed Server – Intel® Xeon® E3-1230v2 Quad-Core, 4x 3.7 GHz
Unmanaged Enterprise Servers – Enterprise Unmanaged
- E1S 5.0 2016-11 – HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9, Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 6 Cores, 32 GB DDR3 RAM ECC, 2x 2,000 GB SATA II HDD, 7.2k or 2×256 GB SSD 100k IOPS
- E2S 5.0 2016-11 – HP ProLiant DL120 Gen9, Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 6 Cores
- 32 GB DDR3 RAM ECC – 2x 4,000 GB SATA II HDD, 7.2k or 2×512 SSD
- E3S 5.0 2016-11 – HP ProLiant DL160 Gen9, 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 12 Cores (2×6), 64 GB DDR3 RAM ECC, 2x 2,000 GB SATA II HDD, 7.2kor 2x256GB SSD
- E4S 5.0 2016-11 – HP ProLiant DL160 Gen9, 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 12 Cores (2×6), 64 GB DDR3 RAM ECC, 4x 4,000 GB SATA II HDD, 7.2k or 4x512GB SSD
Managed Enterprise Servers – Enterprise Managed
With 6 cores and up to 64 GB DDR4 ECC Registered and up to 4x512GB SSD or 4x4TB SATA
Pros and Cons
040Hosting is very flexible and will provide a solution at any level of unique requirement. Should you want to upgrade or downgrade at any point they are also open to this.
A Great Range
040Hosting offer a fantastic range of servers all over the world that you can choose from, a great option for customers wanting to launch campaigns in new areas.
Maybe too much to choose from
Perhaps a bit confusing for the beginner, however with the new WordPress and Joomla hosting, 040Hosting probably have that covered now too.
To Sum Up
040Hosting is a very customizable hosting provider with almost every level of service from shared hosting for the very beginner to complex hosting for the more advanced user. There does not seem to be anything that they do not do. 040Hosting is certainly a host not to overlook in your search for the perfect hosting company for your project or enterprise.